makeDoc will convert Markdown, OPML and Plain Text files into Microsoft Word format files. Once converted, the document can be previewed, emailed, printed or sent to another app (such as Dropbox, Pages, GoodReader, Evernote etc.)
Markdown is great - but my colleagues expect MS Word...
Please take a look at the following video demonstrating makeDoc in action:
- Use Byword to create a Markdown document then convert it into a Word document via Dropbox and send it over to Pages.
- Preview, email and print the Word document
- Use OmniOutliner to create an outline document then convert it to Word using 'Send To App'
- Use the iPad Notes app to create indented text and convert it to Word via copy/paste.
- The following Markdown attributes are supported:
- Lists (unordered and ordered)
- Paragraph/Line breaks
- Block Quotes (indents)
- Code blocks
- Horizontal Rules
- Emphasis (bold, italic)
- The following OPML attributes are supported:
- Text files must be indented using 4x SPACE characters
- Level1 text (no indent) will become a Header1
- LevelN text (4x SPACE indented) will become either headers, bullets or table columns depending upon style.