There are 2 ways to embed images into a topic using iThoughtsX (for Mac.)
- Embed them 'inline' with the text.
- Embed them into the topic
See below for an example:
There are pros and cons to each approach, however it is recommend that you avoid using the 'inline' approach. Inline images cannot be resized and they are not generally exported in other formats.
Most or the time, people embed the images 'inline' by accident - not realising that there is a difference. This is something I plan to rectify!
HowTo: Embed inline:
Double click a topic so that the text is in 'edit mode' (i.e. you get a flashing cursor) then drag the image from Finder and drop it INTO to the text.
HowTo: Embed topic:
Ensure the topic text is NOT being edited (i.e. no flashing cursor) then drag drop an image from Finder and drop it ONTO the topic.
HowTo: Move the image from 'inline' to topic (on OS X):
- Double click a topic so that the text is in 'edit mode' (i.e. you get a flashing cursor.)
- Drag/drop the image onto a blank area of the canvas - it will create a floating topic with the image embedded.
- Click back on the original topic text and hit BACKSPACE to delete the image (you may need to use the arrow keys to position the cursor to the right of the image.)
- Click on the floating topic to select it.
- Click on the image in the selected floating topic to select it.
- Drag the image onto the original topic.
- Delete the now empty floating topic.
HowTo: Move the image from 'inline' to topic (on iOS)
- Double tap on the topic to edit the text.
- Long press on the image then choose 'Select' from the menu.
- Adjust the section to encompass only the image.
- Chose 'Make Topic(s)' and a new empty child topic (with the image embedded) will be created.
- Hit backspace to delete the image from the text.
- Drag the new topic with the image over the top of the original topic and hold it there until the 'Merge' option is presented (then drop the topic.)